Puck Enterprises of Manning, IA is looking to hire a Welder/Fabricator. This position plays an integral role in manufacturing our industry-leading fluid transfer systems and products.
About Puck Enterprises
Built on industry-leading technology, and backed with more than four decades of liquid transfer knowledge. At Puck, we build pride into every product we produce, backing it with an unmatched level of service and support.
From our quality-built dragline systems to our leading-edge LightSpeed communication, Puck products continue to set the standard of performance for today’s industry.
About the Position
- Operate the fabrication shop and machine shop machinery and equipment. Reads blueprints to determining machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Builds jigs to specific lengths and correct measurements.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions. Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece. Repairs broken or cracked parts and fill holes. Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust or scale from workpiece. Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies or workpieces.
- Sets up and performs maintenance on fab and machine shop machines and performs burning work.
- Occasionally, may position workpiece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Complies with all OSHA and PCE safety rules.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- High school diploma or GED diploma, or three to six months’ related experience (in farming, construction, or manufacturing) or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fabrication certificate received from a trade school.
- Three to six months’+ work experience in fabrication or welding.
Puck Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.