Puck Enterprises in Worthing, SD is looking to hire an experienced PLC/Embedded developer to expand the LightSpeed development team.
About Puck Enterprises
Built on industry-leading technology, and backed with more than four decades of liquid transfer knowledge. At Puck, we build pride into every product we produce, backing it with an unmatched level of service and support.
From our quality-built dragline systems, to our leading-edge LightSpeed communication, Puck products continue to set the standard of performance for today's industry.
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for software
- Develop intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the company
- Professionally maintain all software and create updates regularly to address customer and company concerns
- Analyze and test programs and products before formal launch
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to ensure all employees are confident in the use of software applications
- Play an active role in technical and soft skill development
- PLC/embedded development life-cycle
- J1939 Standards Collection
- CodeSys IDE
- Software version control management
- High-level writing and documentation
- Strong problem solving and communication
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry
- Electrical engineering knowledge
- Domain Driven Design
- Microservice architecture
- Cloud technologies (Azure)
- Understanding of .NET development
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Experience with test-driven development
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 3 years of relevant PLC/Embedded development experience
- 5+ years of career experience will be considered in place of degree
Puck Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.