The Electrical Assembly Technician position builds and tests wire harness assemblies, control panels, and custom controls to print.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Crimp electrical contacts
2. Solder electrical wire and contacts
3. Read and interpret electrical production prints
4. Build Harnesses based on electrical production prints
5. Use the electrical wire processing equipment
6. Install electrical control systems on machines
7. Functional test of electrical control systems
8. Provide support to electrical designers
9. Identify problems and assist in resolution
10. Provide feedback to management on equipment/tool needs
11. Maintain an organized and clean work area
12. Perform other duties as assigned
13. Comply with OSHA and PCE safety guidelines.
1. Technical capacity – ability to interpret and comprehend schematics and drawings pertaining to mechanical and electrical systems.
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Communication proficiency.
6. Customer/Client Focus
7. Problem solving/analysis.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, twisting, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
No overnight travel required, however, some daily in area trips may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED diploma, or three to six months’ related experience (in farming, construction, carpentry, or manufacturing) or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Demonstrated experience in service technician role or background working with agricultural equipment and systems.
2. Basic knowledge of electrical systems; appropriately route and install electrical wiring and components.
3. Experience with hand power tools such as cordless drill, dremel, and impact wrenches.
Puck Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Your application was submitted successfully.